Iron Chef Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillyVegas

Reaction score
-1lb. Milled Biscuit Malt
-1lb. Crystal 60L
-1lb. Flaked Wheat
-8lb. Light DME

So, I put in a hearty order to AHS for some supplies, a chiller, and some materials for then... some rendition of a pumpkin ale. Clearly, my excitement for a Pumpkin Ale has passed, and since I deem today my brewday... I'd prefer something for around Christmas/New Years as opposed to... Halloween.

The above materials are what I have laying around... I also have about 1oz Kent Goldings around I think and a spare WLP002 English Ale Yeast.

Where would you guys go with this?

Rage on.

I also have an ounce or so of Hallertauer Mittelfrüh given to me by Michelob (shudder) at some beer festival...

I saw you throw it all together, along with anything you can find in the fridge/pantry... once its done take a gallon of it and make some ice cream with it in true Iron Chef style.

Whats the worst that happens it turns into beer?

I'd loose the wheat. Without base malt it wont convert so it's useless. That's a lot of biscuit. I'd use the LME, the C-60, the EKG and WLP002 to make a bitter (and possibly a few oz of the biscuit.)

Back