Studying for the BJCP Exam and need to sample homebrews for practice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrickschroeder14

Reaction score
If anyone needs someone to taste their homebrew, please contact me. I am studying for the BJCP Exam and need to sample and develop the necessary tastes and profiles for the different styles in the test. Please contact me at [email protected] for more information.

Thank you!:mug:

If you send me a check for $ 8.95 I will send you infromation on how to get rich by asking people to send you checks for $ 8.95....wait did I just give the secret away. :(

Wait, If you send me a couple beers, I will send you information on how to get drunk for free by asking people to send you a couple beers...damn, gave it away again

You should have plenty of opportunity to taste and judge beers, commercial and homebrew, during the study class. Nice try. ;)

Ok, I am going to assume that the OP is serious and is actually studying for the exam...

IMO, you should not be tasting homebrew in preparation for the BJCP exam. You should be tasting the commercial examples listed in the style guidelines. Homebrews can vary greatly from the styles. Now, if you are looking to identify off flavors, homebrew could be the way to go. But, no one here brews beers with off flavors, so we can't help.

Now, if you are looking to identify off flavors, homebrew could be the way to go. But, no one here brews beers with off flavors, so we can't help.

Ha, so much for taking the question seriously. But yeah, I do agree you ought to stick with pro examples since they're tightly quality-controlled for consistency.

I take it that it didn't work out for him. He posted this back in August and still only has "1" post.

Damn, if this worked, it could work for others... ;)

On a related note:
A clerk at the beer store wanted me to give him some beer so he could give me "feedback." I had mentioned I wanted to buy a kolsch to yeast ranch.

I asked if he was BJCP certified or homebrewed himself ... not that such certification is required but come on-- sounded like he was just in it for the free beer. I politely declined.

Back