do you drink 2 much?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tonight, I'm down 8 so far. Then again, I don't have to work until tomorrow afternoon.

My wife said something along those same lines years ago. I told her "Baby, I've been with alcohol since I was 12. How long have I been with you?"

We never had that conversation again.

I drink quite a few beers over a week's time. I drink at least 2 pints every single evening, more if I'm brewing or it's a weekend day. I know 2 pints a day isn't really much, but I only weigh about 135 pounds so I'd guess that about 1/3 of my daily calories come from beer.

Yea, I probably drink way to much. Yooper is right that most of the problem is caloric intake. I drink maybe 5 or 6 a night. Not all are big beers I do suppliment with light beer. Thats right I said it.

truly? or what i tell my PO?

not usually more than 10 per week with the occasionally 10 beer night when i'm hanging with certain friends(unusual situ since he live in detroit area now)

and no i dont have a PO:D

According to SWMBO, NO, according to my growing GUT, probably.

I drink about 3 every other night then a lot more on my days off...i mean a lot more.

it depends, if im with my buddies on a Friday evening fun trip, i can down up to 8 or 10 in an evening.

And on regular days it's something like 2 to 4 beers a day.

Probably too much for my own good but i honestly feel top shape.

I train 4 times a week with heavy weights, i also do cardio and eat really good food.

I dont smoke. (quit that 9 years ago) :)

I like what I make. I grew a bigger liquid grain storage facility in the last year, but I also quit tobacco. Psycho SWMBI (Ignored) says I drink, "Too much and have too high a tolerance!"

Keep in mind, I drink a WHOLE lot LESS now than I did before I met her (3yrs ago).

I enjoy my creations, 2-3 pints per evening, and more on the weekends. Haven't had a really good hearty buzz in quite a while.

So, do you drink too much. Depends on who you ask. I'm a member here, so I get the vote in my house.

Your FINE. Enjoy responsibly and life goes on.

During the week, 1 - 2 pints a night. Weekends are usually 4 - 6 pints a day.

So long as you're under ~40 grams (male) or ~30 grams (female) of alcohol a day (on average) and you're not overweight, drink as much as you see fit....

16.9 ounces of 5% beer = 14 grams of alcohol

2 - 3 pints (30 - 40 grams)/day = drink and be merry :)
4 pints (60 grams)/day = fatty liver :(
6 pints (80 grams)/day = alcoholic hepatitis :(
11 pints (160 grams)/day = cirrhosis :eek:

Too much is so arbitrary! Not to mention it gets harder to judge when you're homebrewing and bottling in a combination of 500ml, 650ml, 1l bottles. I have put down more since I started brewing than I did before, for sure.

That being said, probably around 2L per night. From the sounds of things, Yooper and I are similar in weight, if not consumption -- I weigh in at 140 soaking wet.

it depends, if im with my buddies on a Friday evening fun trip, i can down up to 8 or 10 in an evening.

And on regular days it's something like 2 to 4 beers a day.

Probably too much for my own good but i honestly feel top shape.

I train 4 times a week with heavy weights, i also do cardio and eat really good food.

I used to drink 2 to 3 a night but stopped that when I couldn't reach my fitness goals. I changed my habits to only drink on Friday/Saturday and dropped 10 lbs in 30 day!

That being said, I enjoy quite a few on Friday/Saturday.

My momma always told me not to ask questions that I didn't want to hear the answers to. I have tried to teach this to HWMBC and my children. Therefore noone asks me this question at my house, and I don't have to think of an answer for it. :)

I average about .45 beers a night (actually keeping track for my own curiosity). Though I'm going dry for the next two weeks due to a weight training diet.

I'm sure it will go up when summer hits. Nothing like chilling outside in the hammock with a brew in hand.

Waaaaaaay too much. But I don't drink at work, beat the wife, or buy BMC so I think I'm good. I go through a keg about every two weeks.

We're homebrewers for f's sake! Mass tasting is essential to ones craft. So what if it makes you feel great. Life is short. Brew. Drink. Eat F'n Sushii. Or fried pork. There's always a carwreck or heartattack to take you anyway. Enjoy this ride while you're on it. There's no guarantee there's another one. Life and drinking and everything else is relative to the one(s) percieving it. Quit wasting time and pour another *****! We're dead already... you just don't know it...

Maybe 2 beers total monday-friday, and usually less than 6 on a friday/saturday night. That's also assuming that I even drink on the weekend. Many weekends I don't drink anything at all.

During the summer on a saturday I've probably ended up having 8-10 in a day starting at around 11:30, but it's usually cycled between water and food when I'm out on the boat. The average person can digest and process (1) 12oz bottle of beer every hour, so if I have less than 10 on a day like that it's really not a concern. I'm also ususally swimming, kneeboarding, etc.

I really don't drink much. I love to have a beer but I don't need (nor want) it every night.

Not as much as I use to, maybe 1 an evening sometimes two. And then only a couple over the weekend. I hate drinking alone and my wife doesn't really drink. So who wants to be my friend so I can ramp up my consumption!:D

About 2 per day while I'm cooking. WHen I look back , I think I used to drink way more when I was drinking BMC. I guess I was having to drink more to make up for the flavor.:D

Nope, I rarely have more than 2 pints in a day. Most days I don't drink at all. Beer fest in Oregon require tickets for each sample and you never get any extra, so even then I don't overdo it. Heck, the "Habitat for Humanity" fest last year, the samples were a buck for TWO ounces.

I've been told the same thing by the SWMBO. I tell her, "it's a hobby, not a problem," and "it's not like I'm drinking Coors Light."

Around 2-4 per night; more when I'm playing Golden Tee.

I drink 8-10 beers a night and I do drink coors light. My beer career would be short-lived if I didn't. I usually drink about 2 homebrews per night. The wife doesn't complain since she drinks right along with me. She smokes cigars too.

I'm glad I read this thread...I thought I was drinking too much at ~2 pints per night average. I almost never have more than 4 and occasionally none. I don't like being drunk...buzzed yes but drunk no.

Luckily, I'm replacing other calories with beer so I have actually lost a couple of pounds since I started homebrewing again this year. Maybe it's the extra activity of homebrewing. I guess a couple of pints homebrew < coffee w/cream & sugar and cake.

Until I started homebrewing again I essentially did not even drink beer, I forgot how much I love the good stuff. The whisky bar is very jealous.:D

1-2 beers on most nights, more on the weekend. And Tuesday night is poker night, so 4-5 is typical. Friday and Saturday are the big variable. I'd say anywhere from one to two gallons per week is normal. I've probably put on twenty pounds since taking up the hobby, so my new goal is to find the balance. Everything in moderation, even excess :).

I did drink quite a bit for a good long time, :drunk:
I spent an entire Korean tour drunk (really really drunk):tank:
most of my first marriage (7 years) :cross:
and I plan on drinking too much for the first 6 months after I get home ! :mug:

so YES I drink too much!!!!!

-Jason

I did toonight! Whoa, is it 1:25am already? Why do i feel like making an egg and cheese burrito with super spicy salsa?

Back