Mimosa Flavored Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benman

Reaction score
Hey guys, not sure how to start this. I know how it sounds :)
My little Sister is getting married in July 2012 and I've been asked if I can brew up a mimosa flavored beer. I'm thinking there has to be a way to get something close and what better place to ask :fro:

Anyone have any ideas where to start? I was thinking of either a lighter American style beer with littler bittering and more aroma from citra hops for flavor and aroma and maybe for dry hopping. Also some orange peel in the boil.
This is totally off the top of my head. I would appreciate some veteran brewers input.

The Bruery's tasting room makes mimosas on Sundays using their Berliner Weiss and OJ. They are REALLY tasty. In fact I like them better than ones made with Champagne. So if it were me, I wouldn't try to get the orange flavor in there necessarily, but use the beer as a base to make the mimosas.

In my experience brewing with orange peel previously, I cannot really get the orange flavor to stay in there. I made a crazy beer once with coconut, vanilla, and orange peel and at the time I packaged it, all the flavors were harmonious and balanced and it was exactly what I had in mind when I designed the recipe. By a couple weeks later, the orange flavor had completely disappeared.

Back