Keg Dispensing Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pash91

Reaction score
So I finally got around to finishing my kegerator today (No thanks to kegkits.com, yes, I know I shouldn't have). I have a + so I can use 3 kegs off 1 regulator. After hooking it all up and cranking the regulator to 30 PSI (I now dropped it to 20), I tried to dispense. One of my brews (Edwort's Apfelwein) is flowing fine; however, the other two barely drip out. They are completely filling the line, but it seems that there is no pressure. The regulator still says 20, there is gas left in the tank, but nothing is dispensing. Is this because the CO2 is dissolving faster in the beer than it is available to fill the tank? I just wanted to see if it would come out, not even carbonate.

Thanks!

Let it sit for a week and try it again. If it's still an issue, post and we'll figure it out.

By the way...don't get impatient and use the 30psi for 24 hours/shake method. Set it at 12-15psi depending on your temp and forget about it for at least a week. You'll thank me when you don't overcarb your beer and end up starting all over.

I turned it down, but I'm still interested if it's getting absorbed faster than it can fill the keg. I used water in there and it came out really well on all the lines (although I was using the same gas post).

Also, what's a good temperature for setting a keezer? I think the CO2 is freezer and losing pressure

if it's getting absorbed faster than it can fill the keg.

Definitely not. Have you tried swapping gas lines between kegs? Might be a problem in the manifold.

Chilling a CO2 bottle makes the high-pressure reading go down. Does not impact the low-pressure side or the actual amount of CO2 in the bottle.

That's what I figured.
I bought the kegs from Midwest and they came pressure sealed so I don't think it's the kegs. Additionally, I'm using a + split so I don't think it has to do with the regulator. I guess I can check the disconnect, but I also bought that from Midwest so I don't think it's that. I'll give it a try now.

I just switched them around. None of them draw right now. I'm guessing the only one that did was because there was some initial CO2

That would have been embarrassing, but yes, they are on.

Could it be that the temperature is too cold? That's what I was asking. My roommate just tried to pour some out and got slush. Maybe something froze around the outlet?

That would have been embarrassing, but yes, they are on.

Could it be that the temperature is too cold? That's what I was asking. My roommate just tried to pour some out and got slush. Maybe something froze around the outlet?

Could be. What temp is the fridge / freezer set for?

Frozen beer lines would be my guess as to the original problem then. I think a lot of people set their temps in the 40s.

Frozen beer lines would be my guess as to the original problem then. I think a lot of people set their temps in the 40s.

With a slushy pour I'd have to agree. I've had it happen on the upstairs taps.

Hit the relief valve on the kegs to see if gas escapes (probably will).

What kind of setup do you have...chest...fridge?

I'd say kill the chill and let those beers warm up a bit.

I released some pressure. It sounds like they are getting pressurized. This is a chest freezer. I'll turn the the temperature control up to the 50s to let them warm up a bit

Yeah, I think it's pretty much been fixed. I warmed them up a bit and it seems fine (at least the wine). I'll have to try the other two lines today.

Thanks

Back