• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Rhizomes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polarbeer

Reaction score
If anyone has done some trimming on their hops plants lately I will take some rhizomes (I know this is usually done in the Fall). I will pay for shipping and throw in a few bucks extra. Or if in MD/DC area I will pick up. Looking for Cascade, Centennial, or whatever else. Thanks!

In California, we have already trimmed ours. :) It's been in the 70's for a couple weeks and they already have shoots. I am sure there are people here that will send you some for free.

Im up in New Hampshire and was gonna buy some to plant this spring...... but if anyone wants to donate to the cause that would be awesome!

I just bought a couple varieties from an HBT vendor, but I'm more than willing to try out a few more types if people need to get rid of them. :D

:mug:

I would be willing to trade some wild hop rhizomes if you guys are wanting some hops. Like I said they are wild but they grow huge cones and make good beer, not sure on the variety but if you are willing to experiment let me know how many you want and what you would be willing to trade. I have 10oz of them dried in my freezer as well if you want to me to send some of those as well. I am in south Dakota so it will be a few weeks before the grouse is suitable for digging them up, fyi....

Yooper said:
It's done in the spring. But we still have many feet of snow at my home, so I don't typically do any work on my hops until early May.

It takes that long to get warm? I already have ac on and am sweating.

I have alot of them, Just starting to dig them this year. I am North of Harrisburg. PM me with your wish list I can probably fill it.

I'm interested. Been hunting around online. Last frost date is April 15th. Cascade, centennial, chinook.

I have a ton of cascade. Alot of pm's also!

LOL...i bet you do.....im just looking for one really beefy crown or thick hearty rhizome to try here in the heat
my last attempt ended w/ wimpy pencil size rhizomes interanlly combusting they did well until 26 straight days of 100 plus temps and sever droughts

will pay shipping....anyone? zip 77584

I also would love to try some hops gardening? Will they grow in Chicago climate?

They will grow in Chicago (had some about 8 feet tall last year until a neighbor ripped them out to be an *******). I am also looking for rhizomes this year, please help a brewer out!

Hey Halifax I am interested in Cascade and Magnum. How much are you asking for them? I have been itching to get some hops going, after seeing a few folks have very good results here in the Tampa Bay Area.

I have an extra cascade rhizome from a cutting a friend gave me.

Free to anyone that wants it, just pickup the shipping. I am in the Boston area. Its been in the fridge since yesterday but it should be in the ground soon.

Back