Can I USE this for BREWING!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bpts_finest13

Reaction score
I came across this Element at work. They sent in the wrong one so I scored this one. It is a an element with 3 elements in it. Im Guessing you could wire them separately which I have tried one already or all 3 at the same time. This is an Element for a commercial dish washer. I don't know if this would let out any harmful chemical in the wort. It looks normal like other ones but I could really use some help. BTW I play to wire it and place inside the pan.

Right here I have just one set wired to test it out

I can just use a Normal Hot water heater element right? if so how long would it take to boil 6 to 7 gal. I have a bad stove which i could barely boil 2.5

The element you pictured is set up for 3 phase power. You "could" use it - but you need to figure out a few things. How to mount it? The wattage and voltage (It is 208V if indeed 3 phase) of each element?

I'd just recommend springing for an element that you know you can use.

P-J is right. That "commercial" washer is most likely a Delta 208 3-phase. But, it would be good to see the name-plate rating, make/model.

And, per P-J, elements are dirt cheap so it is better to go with something you have at your digg's, like single phase, 240V. But, who knows, maybe you are squatting at a machine shop??

Back