Woo-hoo! Got a keggle!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdwj

Reaction score
Since I have nobody else to share in my excitement (SWMBO just roller her eyes), I thougt I'd share my new purchase with fellow brewers.

Little does she know, the addition of a keggle means that I HAVE to convert a cooler now! ...not to mention the ball valve, hop stopper, thermometer and site tube.

I hate you. You motherf*cking bastard.

But only in the nicest of ways. Congrats!

I've got all the accesories and no keggle. Perhaps we could meet up for the mother of all keggles.

rdwj said:
Since I have nobody else to share in my excitement (SWMBO just roller her eyes), I thougt I'd share my new purchase with fellow brewers.

Little does she know, the addition of a keggle means that I HAVE to convert a cooler now! ...not to mention the ball valve, hop stopper, thermometer and site tube.

Superb! :rockin:

And your SWMBO does that too huh? I don't even try with mine any more. I'm sure what she hears from me when I go into "Beer-Mode" sounds like an adult in the "Peanuts" cartoon.... :eek:

Ize

trinitone said:
I hate you. You motherf*cking bastard.

But only in the nicest of ways. Congrats!

I've got all the accesories and no keggle. Perhaps we could meet up for the mother of all keggles.

Trinitone

Get your A$$ down to a scrap yard. you can pick up an old keg for like 8 bucks. I was just at one yesterday and picked up a near perfect soda keg for kegging and it was 5 bucks, they had about 8 16 gallon kegs just sitting there waiting to be crushed!

Reverend JC said:
Trinitone

Get your A$$ down to a scrap yard. you can pick up an old keg for like 8 bucks. I was just at one yesterday and picked up a near perfect soda keg for kegging and it was 5 bucks, they had about 8 16 gallon kegs just sitting there waiting to be crushed!

I know... I know. Unfortunately for me I live in the city and I don't have a car. I can always rent a car to go try and get one, but then that just adds to the cost. So, until then, I'll just have to keep bitching and moaning. :D

trinitone said:
I know... I know. Unfortunately for me I live in the city and I don't have a car. I can always rent a car to go try and get one, but then that just adds to the cost. So, until then, I'll just have to keep bitching and moaning. :D

That sounds so weird to hear for someone that lives in the midwest. It is just my wife and I and we have 3 vehicles. We dont live on a farm or anything we just do. hers, mine, and a beater truck to haul stuff with.

You have to know someone that has a car, trade them home brews for a lift. Do not underestimate the power of the home brew!

Awesome, dude! You'll never even have to think about a boilover again. That's not a bad price since it already has two couplers built in.

Reverend JC said:
That sounds so weird to hear for someone that lives in the midwest. It is just my wife and I and we have 3 vehicles. We dont live on a farm or anything we just do. hers, mine, and a beater truck to haul stuff with.

You have to know someone that has a car, trade them home brews for a lift. Do not underestimate the power of the home brew!

I know what you mean. I grew up in a much more rural area and we all had a car or truck of some sort. It was painful getting rid of mine when I moved here. You'd be surprised at how many people here don't have cars. But you're right, I could probably find someone I could "persuade".

Lord Sterrock Hammerson 8 said:
LOL! Yeah that pretty much sums it up. :D
Enjoy the new gear. :mug:

Well, I guess you can call me out too now. I don't have it yet, but it'll soon be on it's way. :ban:

And don't worry Rev JC. I'm still gonna try and find me a scrap yard to scour. I'm gonna need some more kegs sooner or later. :D

beer4breakfast said:
So did you get one of pedalbiker's kegs too? They're sweet, and I understand he will soon be offering false bottoms too.

I did and I can't wait. :D In fact, your recommendation when a long way in me deciding to get one from him. :mug:

Back