french press hopped beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnybutt35

Reaction score
so if i put some whole leaf hops into a french press and poured a brew over it and pressed it out before pouring it into a glass, do you think i would get the same sort of effect as a organoleptic hop transducer?

How long did you let it sit in the hops. I would dice up the hops as fine as possible, to release more flavor and then let the beer sit on the hops for at least 10 min. that is the common sit time for hot coffee. For iced coffee, the recommendation is cold water on cold coffee grounds for 12-18hrs, but that would make your beer flat.

What if the french press is a substitute for your pint glass? Just keep some hops in the bottom and drink straight out of the press.

I would make some hoppy tea in the french press, then chill it and add a bit to you glass then pour the beer ontop. I can see foaming issue when you push down the french press too.

i havent tried it but popped in my head as something to try. i mean why the hell not we are here to experiment. ill have to get some whole leafs and try it out.

i havent tried it but popped in my head as something to try. i mean why the hell not we are here to experiment. ill have to get some whole leafs and try it out.

As you say, why the hell not. Whats the worst that can happen, you are out 1 bottle of beer, a bit of hops and a bit of clean up:tank:
Just make sure you let us know what happens, good or bad. And pics if you get some :D

i put some leaf hops into a small strainer. poured a bottle of my ipa through the strainer into my glass. it was a little hoppier but not much

Back