mash temp to high can i bring abv back up?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zheol

Reaction score
sup folks im 1 extracted brew and 1 Ag into brewing on my ag i got 72% bhe but i also pulled what i think is a classic noobie move and figured 3 degrees in mash was not a big deal now i know different is there a way to bring back up my abv with out ruining the flavors its a chocolate oat stout any help would be great thanks

It probably won't keep the FG too much higher. I say just let it go to completion and don't worry about it. A 3F increase in the mash temp will just mean more body in the brew. IMO, not a bad thing in a chocolate stout.

At this point, there is nothing that you can do that wouldn't negatively affect the beer in other ways. Like Golddiggie said, it's really not that big of a deal. Let it fully ferment out and you'll be fine.

Have you taken gravity readings? If so, what was the OG and what is the current gravity? And how long has it been fermenting?

og was 1.052 then fg was 1.020 after 6days, and thanks for the replys folks

Back