Keezer Build Supplies List

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I have my 13 cf kenmore freezer coming soon and now I need to start placing orders for all the supplies I will need. I will be building a collar for it because towers are too rich for my blood. I am initially planning on setting up a 4 tap system and expanding with more taps and kegs as I find time to brew more beer. I want to have homebrew and local microbrew kegs as well.

After reading many keezer build threads and a few videos I have come up with the following list. Please critique it and let me know if I need to add anything (which I probably do).

4 Pin Lock Corny Kegs - (Found 4 for $85 vs.$125 for 4 ball locks)
4 Pin Lock Gas Connectors
4 Pin Lock Liquid Connectors
3/16’’ Beer Line (what length?)
5/16’’ Gas Line (what length?)
Double Pressure Regulator (for a little versatility)
4 way gas manifold
4 perlick faucets
4 handles
4 shanks
Thermostat
Drip Tray
CO2 tank
Sanke Coupler for commercial kegs

Also, if you know of a particular place to get the best price on any supplies that would be much appreciated. Thanks alot to anyone willing to help out an aspiring brewer.

Make sure your keg choice will fit inside your keezer since pin locks are shorter and squatter than ball locks. For beer line, it depends on your setup and CO2 psi but estimate about 10' of 3/16" ID tubing for each keg. Or you could use the epoxy stirring stick inside the dip stick to reduce the length of 3/16" tubing. For the gas line, it doesn't matter what length.

Why get a 4 way gas manifold and a double pressure regulator? If you plan on having kegs at multiple pressures, shouldn't you get two 2-way manifolds or one 3-way manifold?

Also, consider getting flare fittings instead of barbs for ease in changing setups.

Be sure that all of your shanks also have nuts and tailpieces. Sometimes they come with it, sometimes they do not.

For my 5-keg rig, I have a dual reg, one 5-way manifold, and one 2-way manifold. This way, I can use up to 5 kegs on one pressure, and up to 2 on the other. Everything is MFL fittings when possible for versatility.

I'll +1 drocu on the 10' of 3/16" tubing. It seems to work well for me so far, and if anything I'd over-buy rather than under-buy. You can always cut some off of a line if it pours too slow, but it's a bit trickier to add on length. As for the gas line, you only need as much as it takes to reach your kegs.

If you plan to get a sanke coupler, then I definitely recommend getting all of your pin-lock connections with MFL fittings, and a sanke tap with matching MFL fittings. That way, you don't need an extra set of everything to be dedicated to a barbed sanke tap.

I also keep extra keg o-rings around, and replace them on my kegs every few months. If you buy in bulk from a place like McMaster, they pay for themselves very quickly, particularly if they save you from leaking out a tank's worth of CO2.

I'll echo Berserker and say definitely go for the MFL fittings on the disconnects if you want to switch between sanke kegs and cornies, it will make your life all kinds of easier. Basically, rather then the hose attaching directly to the disconnect, it attaches to a barbed nut that can be attached to either a corresponding corny disconnect or a sanke one.

I'll also second the extra set of o-rings. Do a search on here and find the McMaster-Carr part numbers, you can get a bag of 100 of each of the smaller ones for about $5, should last you forever. The large ones for the lid are a little more, but still cheaper than a brew store it seems.

As far as your CO2 regulator, check to make sure if its actually "double pressure" or "double gauge". Most of the standard ones are double gauge, meaning that there is one gauge measuring the tank pressure and one gauge measuring the output pressure. Really, the tank pressure gauge isn't very useful until the tank is empty, but most of them come with one anyways. A double pressure (double body) regulator should have either three gauges (1 tank and two output) or I suppose just not have a tank gauge but two outputs. If you do have a double pressure regulator, you'll have to decide if you want a 4-way manifold, 2 2-way, 1 3-way and one straight off the regulator, etc.

As far as where to buy, both Kegconnection and Chicompany get pretty good reviews on here. I haven't used either so can't say directly, but I haven't seen many complaints. Good luck with the build :D.

Latest posts

Back