10 largest craft brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I went by the New Season's last night. I spoke with the girl that runs the beer and wine aisle and she said that it does OK. Some of the seasonals do quite well and that some of the employees in the store were big fans. The only one available yesterday was a sixer of pilsner and she said she had some other in the back. She had no 22 onces. She said that normally the boulevard was a "hand beer" which means that she or another employess would recommend it based on input from the customer.

I bought the pilsnar and blind sampled it to my neighbor and he said it was good. I agreed. It just wasn't spectaular to make us leave local brews. It also doesn't help that he has a keg of Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier and a keg of Caldera Pale Ale in his garage ;)

Their pilsnar is okay. If you're really wanting some "wow" beers, you've got to stick to the Smokestack series. BLVD doesn't do bombers, just 12 oz in the regular beers/seasonals and 750ml in the Smokestack series.
Glad to see you making the effort to try it. Very open minded of you.

I am open minded and I am not afraid to admit I'm wrong. Thinking otherwise could keep me from trying some good beers :)

I think what's being lost here is that my original comment was more about the average beer drinker from the midwest (I guess I should have said the southern midwest maybe ;)) than the ability of Boulevard to make great beer.

I gotta chime in here too. I love Boulevard Smokestack Series. Blvd, was also the brewery that really got me trying more beers. I used to drink it all the time when I lived in Tulsa. I wasn't able to get it in Dallas for a quite awhile after moving here, so I'm glad to see them growing and expanding their distribution area!

I think what's being lost here is that my original comment was more about the average beer drinker from the midwest (I guess I should have said the southern midwest maybe ;)) than the ability of Boulevard to make great beer.

I think that this can be said about the average beer drinker anywhere. There are BMC drinkers EVERYWHERE. They are the Big 3 for a reason...the masses support them. I don't think that it's isolated to one certain area.

Well I've lived in oklahoma, new england and portland, so that's about all I know.

Well, considering those locations I'm sure that Portland has the most progressive beer movement. But I'm sure that the other locations had their pockets of beer savvy patrons. Enjoy your abundance of great beers! My old college roommate lives in Portland and is always telling me about the great beers he's enjoying.
Again, consider my offer of some Boulevard trades. I know I'd love to try some NW breweries!

Back