Ok here is one from left field.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chance9768

Reaction score
We all have heard both sides of the boil or no boil debate.(I only boil when I'm back sweeting). But I was wonder if maby there is a time when boiled honey can make somthing good. Yes I know I will probly catch some flack over this, but has anyone ever heard of someone distilling mead. I cant even picture in my head what the end prodect would taste. Heck I dont know if the mead would cary any flaver over in the distilling proccess.

Go ahead and call be dirty names for sugesting somthing like this for mead, I can handel it.

I tried a spirit called Bärenjager once that was supposedly a distilled honey spirit, but it tasted like someone mixed rocket fuel with sugar syrup. You can buy it at BevMo if you need something to take the paint of your car.

It's against the rules set up by this forum so no, it's not alright to talk about it. There are distilling forums elsewhere if you would like to discuss it.

IB4TL woo hooo!!!

Yep, you win!

Like it was stated earlier, there are many forums out there that allow distillation discussion and I know of at least one forum that has the word "distilling" in its name, so it's definitely not hard to find the information you need.

It was stated that talk of distillation isn't allowed on this forum. Please respect the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back