final gravity on a American wheat?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silv3rbull3t

Reaction score
For a American wheat style bear what kind of final gravity could i expect? I know this is a very broad question, but any insight will help.

I brewed up a kid of of an American wheat bear that i recivied from my local brew shop thursday, and left it at my bothers house to ferment. I came back to his house on sunday, and there was no visible signs of fermentations (bubbles in the lock). I want to take a sample to see if any fermentation has taken place, however i forgot to take a specific gravity starting sample........

What was in the kit? If it was extracted based, you can pretty accurately calculate what the OG would have been... extract is pretty fool-proof when it comes to that.

As to what FG to expect, I think mine got down to around 1.012 or 1.015... I forget, don't have my notes in front of me.

Update guys,

Specific gravety was at 1.014-1.015 im assuming everything went fine. Im going to rack into my secondary. Thanks for your help guys.

Back