• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS - Monster 72 gallon brewpot (and burner)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smellyfed

Reaction score
This massive stainless steel brewpot has been sitting in the basement of a Masonic Temple in northern Indiana for a long while. It's in great shape. It was used to brew coffee back when there were enough masons around here to need that big of a pot.

I do believe the glass sight on the thermometer might need replaced.

I personally own a 20 gallon pot and this is more than twice the height of that pot. It's 44" tall and 25" in diameter which I believe converts to a ***90*** Gallon pot. It sits on a burner (pictured).

This pot has to go.

Send me a PM if you're interested in owning this pot for beer brewing.

We're looking to get $750 out of this pot and burner.

**** Edit. Another poster calculated this at 90 gallons below so I edited. My original calculation was 72 gallons. It's a big pot.

The pot:
2ro3yww.jpg

33e0ox1.jpg

149xxxd.jpg

10hvndf.jpg

2vumwba.jpg

141hy7t.jpg

mkxky1.jpg

zx30h.jpg

8y9cb6.jpg

The burner:
24vlh69.jpg

Actually, solving for volume in cubic inches (V = ∏r²h) gives you:

∏(12.5)²(44) = ∏(156.25)(44) = (3.142)(6875) = 21602.25in³

Then, solving for cubic inches per gallon:

1 USGal = 231in³, so 21602.25/231 = 93.5 USGal !!

Might want to edit, sounds like a 90 gallon pot... :)

Better watchout monster energy drinks will sue if they hear about it being called a monster brewpot (per title)

Back