Stolen blichmann conical fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_42

Reaction score
I know many people watch CL, eBay etc. for brewing equipment, so I thought I'd post this. It's always possible the thieves will just sell it as scape, but you never know.

We had a break in last night and 7 gallon blichmann conical with tri-clamp fittings was stolen. It's a pretty rare item. Can you forward this to the list serve in case someone from OBC comes across it on CL ore somewhere else in town. Please contact FH Steinbart at 503-232-8793.
Thanks,
-Jeremy
FH Steinbart

That is down right evil. Some low life SOB is cooking up some meth to sell to some low life meth head who just sold some dedicated brewer's conical for $15 in scrap.

Karma is gonna get you!

That is down right evil. Some low life SOB is cooking up some meth to sell to some low life meth head who just sold some dedicated brewer's conical for $15 in scrap.

Karma is gonna get you!

This is a popular brewing supply shop in inner Portland, so it is either a hardcore EVIL homebrewer or a hardcore EVIL meth head! The percentages of the population here that are addicted to either "recreation" is pretty close.

This sucks. I have ogled that conical.

A guy that I worked with came home one day to something similar.... as did his neighbors.

When he got home the water wasn't working, so he went and checked. He discovered that all of copper water pipes were gone.

So he asked his neighbors... Theirs disappeared too.

The metal shortage caused a lot of thievery. A local church had it's copper roof stolen --a big old stone multi-story church san roof. The FBI reported that there had been over 25 tabernacles stolen in the Northeast in the same time period.

I am willing to bet that the fermenter is razor blades and shaving cream cans by now. Tis' a pity. Stealing stuff always comes back to bite the thief in the biscuit maker.

This sucks. I have some family up that way and my dad is a home wine maker in the next town north, so he scours for stuff like this. I will tell him to keep an eye out.

Back