Suggestions for "First born pale ale" tweaks.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hefanatic

Reaction score
I recently obtained a free extract recipe kit. The recipe is pretty basic and I was curious as to what I could change to make it better. ( yeast, hops etc )The reviews I have read say it's a solid pale ale but nothing great. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Here is a link for the recipe. http://tastybrew.mobify.me/newrcp/detail/612

Looks like a pretty good pale to me. If I was going to tweak it, I would play with the hops -- substitute some goldings or cascade, for example.

Looks like a pretty good pale to me. If I was going to tweak it, I would play with the hops -- substitute some goldings or cascade, for example.

Yeah, was considering doing an all simcoe pale ale....

When I first started brewing all-grain, I was fascinated by really complex recipes, with 4 or 5 kinds of hops, and as many as 8 different grains. Then someone suggested, and I tried, doing a really simple recipe with one hop and only 3 or 4 grains. I've been hooked on simplicity ever since.

Back