Lee's Mild w/Irish Ale Yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatherJack

Reaction score
Hey All,

I've been in a silent lull for a while so I thought I would just throw this out there for the sake of typing something.

I've got a batch of Stone's recipe "Lee's Mild" slowly plugging away down in the basement. I decided to run it with some of Wyeast's Irish Ale yeast. Currently it's sitting in a water bath of about 59/60 degrees as I am trying to run this as low as possible. Fermentation started last night and it's still going at a clip of about 3 bubbles per minute - very nice and slow.

I've done about 5 batches since moving back to the States, all of them I didn't monitor the temps too much since I honestly don't care. The first 3 came out very nice - albeit a bit fruity. I did an imperial stout which is going to age for 8 months, so I let that go around 75 w/o too much worries. The final was a super hoppy IPA that also ran around 75. However, I want this one to be minimal esters and ultra crisp and refreshing.

Hope all are well!:mug:

Back