Need some help with deciding on a refrigerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CScruggs

Reaction score
I am looking at getting a free refrigerator in my area. There are a couple available to me and I cant decide which one to get. There is a side by side and a freezer on top to choose from. I am looking to get the most space for fermenting out of this refrigerator and I was hoping someone could tell me about how many fermenters I could fit in each. I have 2- 6.5 gal buckets and a 5 gallon better bottle. Thanks in advance. Craig

I would go with the freezer on top because there will be more room. Also if you ever decide to turn it into a kegorator you can fit more kegs. I have a side be side for my kegorator and I can only fit two kegs and I can only fit one carboy for cold crashing or lagering. I would think a freezer on top could fit two

I can't confirm how many fermenters will fit in our freezer-on-top fridge, but I know I can fit 6 corny kegs and the CO2 tank with some clever routing of the lines. Overall I would imagine two buckets or carboys could be fermenting and you'd still have some vertical space to work with. I can't see doing that in our side-by-side fridge we have.

Thanks for the help I will probably end up going with the freezer on top, I kind figured it would fit more but I wasnt really sure.

Back