A picture of my first homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedIrocZ-28

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
This was my English Pale Ale, I stopped by my parents house today to share a couple beers with them. I chilled a few of them and poured them into chilled mugs. The head on this one was absolutely amazing. I did an angled pour so as not to splash but the head was still huge. :ban:

Nov17_0001.jpg

Enjoy! I know we did. :drunk:

First of all, may I just say if I ever have children I hope they share their homebrew with me.
It does look a little overcarbed, may be still a little young and the C02 has not been fully absorbed into the beer. Or you may have added a little too much primer sugar.

But - WHO CARES, how did it taste is what inquiring minds want to know?
Did your parents like it and tell you that they are glad they did not put you up for adoption?
But seriously, that makes me want to pour another homebrew for myself. Congratulations on a beer your proud to present to your parents!

It tasted like St. Peters Pale Ale to me. My dad thought it tasted a bit like Stella Artois, which is his favorite beer. My mom tends to like Michelob Ultra ( I don't think there is any hope for her) Then I told them to cut the crap, and they said it was honest to god a great beer.

And the head on the beer was a direct result of using a chilled mug ;) For beer drinkers, I would have thought you guys would have caught that. You can make BMC do that in a chilled mug. ;)

Back