looking for a basic kit where I could add some cooked hot chillies for my spicy lady.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, and it just depends on what you want your base style to be. I'd probably add the chilis to secondary, or if you're not doing secondary, then to the primary after the bulk of fermentation is done.

Good call on the secondary. I think once you have a decent amount of alcohol in your beer, you wouldn't have to worry too much about wild yeast or contamination from the chiles.

I think this would work best with a lighter style beer. You would probably not want much hoppiness. I would put more emphasis on maltyness to serve as a contrast to the spiciness of chiles.

This kit might work well:

http://www.brewmasterswarehouse.com/products/True-Brew-Continental-Light-0101983

Also, I think you should do a fairly fine chop on the chilis and put them in a mesh or nylon straining bag. If you want it to be hotter, keep the seeds.

I would get a basic American wheat beer kit. Brew it and ferment it. Rack to secondary and add whatever type peppers you prefer. Sample this beer daily and remove the peppers when the desired flavor is reached. Bottle and condition the beer. Then enjoy!!!

Latest posts

Back