temp control on a fermentation chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanigav7

Reaction score
So...I've built my fermentation chamber from a mini fridge. I was hoping to fenagle the internal fridge control to get it to the temp I want (around 60-70 degrees) as I've read that some people have been able to do. No matter what setting I set the fridge at, whether its 0 or 7, the damn thing goes down to 40 degrees. ok...no matter. I'll buy a temp control. My question/issue is, since the fridge doesn't seem to regulate itself on any accord, will the temp control be able to fix this?

Yes, because the fridge will always be trying to cool to 40F, but the temp control will turn off the fridge (like unplugging it) at whatever temp you set. Then it turns it back on when it starts to heat up.

No matter what setting I set the fridge at, whether its 0 or 7, the damn thing goes down to 40 degrees. ok...no matter.
Post some pics of the fridge and thermostat.
Did you relocate the thermostat or change any wiring?
A broken thermostat capillary tub keeps the compressor running for ever and cools to the max.
The only thing what will stop/start the compressor is the compressor over temp switch.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Latest posts

Back