What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big Belgian flavor.. I love it Gabe.

ForumRunner_20130609_182020.png

allenH said:
(null)

I was expecting much more from this. $10 bottle of highly carbed Heineken. Damn you green bottles!!

Wow. Tell me how you really feel! Is it really that bad?

tyzippers said:
Wow. Tell me how you really feel! Is it really that bad?

Yep, I did some research before I bought it, scored a 94 on Beer Advocate. I hit the low score tab and every low score it had was from skunking. I happened to get a skunked bottle.

I was expecting much more from this. $10 bottle of highly carbed Heineken. Damn you green bottles!!

I absolutely LOVE that beer. Would hands down call it my "desert island" beer.

I used to have a local shop that knew how to handle their stock, never got a bad bottle. But they went under. And now every. f#@&ing. time. I get that beer it's skunk piss.

It's a shame.

Still nursing the last of the bottle of Hanssens Oude Gueuze. So delicious. I'd probably rank this #3 I've had (behind 3 Fonteinen and Cantillon)

allenH said:
Yep, I did some research before I bought it, scored a 94 on Beer Advocate. I hit the low score tab and every low score it had was from skunking. I happened to get a skunked bottle.

That's a bummer. I've seen it a few times myself but because of the green bottle, I've shied away from it too. Makes me wonder why in the world craft brewers still use green bottles?!!

NIZZLE said:
Soooo you like seeather?

Aye. That I do. That which is in the background is an autographed album cover. I got it from my old bandmate for a wedding gift. Somewhere I have an autographed pic of Black Label Society.

Rogues Choc PN butter Bannana ale. Yep kinda sucks. Aroma is wtf? Taste is wtf with a cola-ish nut brown quality with a good bittered finish.Its just an odd extract flavor that tastes of awkwardness. Drinkable but almost dumpable. Think I slightly liked the Maple Bacon more or at least just the aroma,otherwise that tasted like cream soda to me.Probably not a surprise to anybody- but one and done. It has some well deserved bad ratings as well. Seems like they just throw anything our there anymore without trying to make it better before they start producing them. I love a lot of Rogues stuff but anymore its a love/hate thing.

tyzippers said:
That's a bummer. I've seen it a few times myself but because of the green bottle, I've shied away from it too. Makes me wonder why in the world craft brewers still use green bottles?!!

The only reason that I could think of for still using green bottles is tradition.

Aye. That I do. That which is in the background is an autographed album cover. I got it from my old bandmate for a wedding gift. Somewhere I have an autographed pic of Black Label Society.

Nice I actually was hired by pop evil to dj for them at a cd release and once I was Sevendust sound man and I'm dranking a founders porter ;-)

LoloMT7 said:
Now I've got a BlackBerry stout,strawberry rubarb , and rhubarb mosaic left. Better save them and go on to something else for now.

Not sure what's next in line... maybe a water ;)

You need more beer in that fridge. :D

Now I've got a BlackBerry stout,strawberry rubarb , and rhubarb mosaic left. Better save them and go on to something else for now.

Not sure what's next in line... maybe a water ;)

That Heady isn't getting anyfresher. ;)

NIZZLE said:
You like I have two more bottles of that just saving for the right moment :)

Oh, I like! Thanks again, this is really good stuff!

Got home and first step was to crack Billy-Klubb's rose hip Saison! This beer is straight up outstanding!!!! Thanks for the hook up dude!! Awesome brew homeboy!!!

Got home and first step was to crack Billy-Klubb's rose hip Saison! This beer is straight up outstanding!!!! Thanks for the hook up dude!! Awesome brew homeboy!!!

Drinking my Black IPA and tipping some out for NoKatoBrewer preemptively. Since apparently he traded with Billy-Klubb. :D

Back