This is a big change from the old days of rec.crafts.brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AColdOneInNH

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just wanted to send out a big thanks to everyone for all of the info on this site. I started homebrewing when I was in school in the early 90s, in the pre-web era. I learned everything I could from the old USENET group rec.crafts.brewing before I picked up Charlie Papazian's book. After brewing a few batches I waited 20 years before getting back into it last month.

The amount of information on this site is awesome. I've spent lots of time relearning what I used to know (which wasn't much) and learning new things like how to make yeast starters and how to wash and harvest yeast. Between this site and watching the archived episodes of Brewing TV, I haven't gotten anything else done for weeks.

So thanks to everyone for all of the great posts. My first batch of homebrew (in this millenium) is ready just in time to watch the Pats in the playoffs today.

I just wanted to send out a big thanks to everyone for all of the info on this site. I started homebrewing when I was in school in the early 90s, in the pre-web era. I learned everything I could from the old USENET group rec.crafts.brewing before I picked up Charlie Papazian's book. After brewing a few batches I waited 20 years before getting back into it last month.

The amount of information on this site is awesome. I've spent lots of time relearning what I used to know (which wasn't much) and learning new things like how to make yeast starters and how to wash and harvest yeast. Between this site and watching the archived episodes of Brewing TV, I haven't gotten anything else done for weeks.

So thanks to everyone for all of the great posts. My first batch of homebrew (in this millenium) is ready just in time to watch the Pats in the playoffs today.

I can only imagine the difficulty of brewing before the ease of access to info like now. I started and was able to have almost every question answered quickly with a quick search..

This place is a great wealth of information, and a quick search can answer 99% of the questions you have.

Welcome back.

beergolf, it really is amazing how much info is here. And if you need more, you can go over to Youtube and quickly pull up 20 videos of people making yeast starters.

The Pats defense never showed up today, but at least the beer was good.

Agreed!! I brewed a few batches back around 94' with mixed results. Mainly because there was so little information out there. I started brewing again about 5 years ago and quickly discovered HBT. My brewing success and passion for brewing greatly increased!!

I have to agree. Ive spent the last few months reading everything I can on this forum and not once did I have to post a question. This is because every search I did came up with multiple pages of answers. This fourm is an amazing resource.

Back