• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mini LCD digital Refrigerator Freezer Thermometer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just payed 3 dollars and change for it shipped to my house, ill see how it works, ill probally just put it where i ferment,

I have 2 of these that I bought last year. They do seem to be pretty accurate. They are only in Celcius though.

Went ahead and ordered a few. Should be handy backups/checks for my temp controllers and fermentation water baths.

remember these, its a kids toy but its perfect, you put the probe in the middle of it, its a plastic tube with water in it,then you have no open glass of water
water%20wiggly.jpg

The probe is only about an inch long. Would seem really easy to accidentally submerse. I'm just using mine for the serving temp on my kegerator. Should have got two and put one in my fermentation chamber.

I've got a few of these now. They work great for refrigerators, freezers and kegerators. (Which would make them fine for a fermentation chamber as well).

The top range of them is 158F which means they won't work for a mash tun or sparge water, plus their probe is a bit smaller than a standard one so it doesn't fit a thermowell very good. Also, their accuracy is +/- 2 degrees.

If you got the Celsius model and want to make it into Fahrenheit, it looks like you might be able to re-solder a jumper inside. If you want to pop the back off a Celsius model to compare to a Fahrenheit one, let me know and I'll post a pic of mine.

These are good cheap thermometers, just not for the brewing process.

I've got a few of these now. They work great for refrigerators, freezers and kegerators. (Which would make them fine for a fermentation chamber as well).

The top range of them is 158F which means they won't work for a mash tun or sparge water, plus their probe is a bit smaller than a standard one so it doesn't fit a thermowell very good. Also, their accuracy is +/- 2 degrees.

If you got the Celsius model and want to make it into Fahrenheit, it looks like you might be able to re-solder a jumper inside. If you want to pop the back off a Celsius model to compare to a Fahrenheit one, let me know and I'll post a pic of mine.

These are good cheap thermometers, just not for the brewing process.

A picture of a Fahrenheit would be awesome. Mine are both Celsius.

See purple reference numbers on attached photo below:

Fahrenheit version:
Pad 1 = not connected
Pad 2 = not connected
Pad 3 = jumpered to Pad 4

Please report back the jumper configuration of your Celsius version.

DSCN2252A.jpg

Sorry, I can not post pictures, but here are the connections for the Celsius version:
Pad 1 = not connected
Pad 2 = not connected
Pad 3 = not connected

I connect pads 3 & 4 and made mine a fahrenheit thermometer.

Thanks for the pictures JonW!

The pictures I took are pretty blurry. That's what I get for using my iPhone camera. I can concur that none of the pads are connected.

Back