Better carbonation in brown bottles than green bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BonzoAPD

Reaction score
I bottled my batch of NB Wheat Beer (which tastes awesome) in mostly green heinekin bottles and some sam adams bottles. The ones in the Sam Adams bottles seem to have more carbonation and taste better. No the bottles are not skunked. They have been in boxes in a closet .

Are Heinekin bottles known to have issues getting a good seal on them? Never used them before and seemed harder to cap with my bench capper than brown bottles.

I haven't heard of that honestly. I have only bottled in brown bottles since ive started because that's what everyone would say and it was so easy to get brown bottles plus I'm a fan of uniformity so I didn't wanna have different colors. If you do some experiment about the carb and taste I'd love to know your results. Good luck and cheers.

Anyone else? I am seeing a big difference in carbine between the two. Brown ones are perfectly carbed with nice head, the green ones have very little carbonation and almost no head.

I haven't noticed this, and have used green, brown, and clear bottles. Did you bottle green bottles first or last, maybe they didn't get the same amount of priming sugar as the brown ones?

stevo4361 said:
I haven't noticed this, and have used green, brown, and clear bottles. Did you bottle green bottles first or last, maybe they didn't get the same amount of priming sugar as the brown ones?

The brown bottles were near the bottom but I bottled a few green nettles after them so I don't think it was the priming sugar not being mixed

I'd guess you're getting a bad seal on the Heineken bottles then, are you using s wing capper?

stevo4361 said:
I'd guess you're getting a bad seal on the Heineken bottles then, are you using s wing capper?

I was using a bench capper. This is why I am asking if there is a known issue with recapping heinekin bottles.

BonzoAPD said:
I was using a bench capper. This is why I am asking if there is a known issue with recapping heinekin bottles.

There is now!

Back