Hope Incense

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich_S

Reaction score
So I'm brewing an AG American IPA today. I add 2 oz of cascade hops once the boil starts. I smell something burning, like incense. I figure it's my mind playing tricks on me. My wife says what's that smell? I look down and one of the hop pellets landed on that little piece of sheet metal Blichmann gives you with their Boilermakers to use as a heat shield, and was glowing red with an ash on the outside. Smeelled just like incense. Very odd.

I believe you can get high from hops;D There in the same family as marijuana. Just dont inhale to much:)

I believe you can get high from hops;D There in the same family as marijuana. Just dont inhale to much:)

Rolling%20Eyes.gif

I just realized I titled the thread Hope Incense rather than Hop Incense. Maybe it did have an effect. Lol.

takes all kinds i suppose.
'mater leaf tea is a fairly bad idea though, that works pretty hard on the kidneys and the toxins damage them slowly. atropine, scopolamine, and solanine are very toxic substances. get good and sweaty and rub a leaf on your arm....you'll see what i mean.

Latest posts

Back