Peach Wine Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will319

Reaction score
Im getting a good deal on a bushel of peaches. I wanted to see if anyone had a recipe here that yielded a peach wine with a strong peach flavor. Also how is the best way to prep the fruit.

Thanks

Ok so I just got a bushel and diced them all up and froze the peaches. I bet I have about 30 pounds of fruit but will weigh them later. Any suggestions on recipes?

I weighed them and have 36 lbs 8.6 oz of fruit. I want to divide these up to make 2 good batches of peachy stuff. I want a Mead and a Wine. Ill probably go with a 5 gal Keller rasin and peach wine, or a Leon Kania from the alaskan bootleggers bible. and the rest for and a Peach Melomel. Any thoughts on a mead recipe? Additionally I have 5 gal of a strawberry wine I need to bottle to make room. I forget the amounts, and additives I need to use to stablize it to bottle. Any help would be appreciated on this.

I took 10lbs of white peaches and blended them into paste in the blender, put them in a straining bag and used that. I also did up 4lbs of raisins in another bag to add body. Filled the bucked up to about 5.5 gallons and included about 10# of dissolved sugar. Remains to be seen how it turns out. It's still settling. I may re-rack on some bentonite and pectic enzyme in the next few weeks.

Back