bazooka

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerly

Reaction score
Is there anything else going on with the bazooka screen than a piece of screen attached to a copper pipe? Or the two pieces attached to a T fitting? I'm trying to figure out why I don't hear about people making them theirselves, rather than paying the $17 I see them going for. Or have people tried and it doesn't work that well.

I use a Bazooka Screen in my brew pot and dump my whole leaf hops right in the kettle. I have a ball valve and fitting, with a barbed fitting on the outside and I attach to a tube that then goes into the fermenter (glass carboy). The Bazooka screws into the inside of the fitting, so when the wort is chilled, I just open the valve and let the wort drop and splash into the fermenter and don't have to worry about using a hop bag or getting any particulate matter in the fermenter. It hasn't ever clogged and has worked as advertised.

I love it. I wish I would have gotten it sooner. I'm looking into AG from extract now and am thinking of using it as a mash/lauter if I don't go the cooler method. I'm still mapping that out.

Edit: Oh the Bazooka has a pretty large diameter(1 inch) and it's long(12 inches). Alot of people here use braided toilet feed lines. I'm not sure if they clog, but the Bazooka doesn't!

Hope this helped!
:mug:

Baron von BeeGee said:
I did some research, but didn't see acquiring ss mesh, soldering it up, and attaching it to a copper tee + my time being too much to ask $17 for.

That kinda what I figured. BTW, I use a custom dual bazooka with a homemade "Y" fitting just inside the bulkhead on my Mash Tun. I figured more surface area would help with my 48QT cooloer/tun.
Im happy with it.

They are just too inexpensive to waste my time finding the materials and making them. I'd rather spend my efforts making things that are expensive and/or unobtainable, like a fermentation cabinet.

Back