Midwest Beer Clarity Filter System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael.berta

Reaction score
Has anyone used this or something similar? If so how were the results? Will there be any more additonal clarity that you wouldn't get from crash cooling & irish moss/whirfloc?

Cheers

Mike

Has anyone used this or something similar? If so how were the results? Will there be any more additonal clarity that you wouldn't get from crash cooling & irish moss/whirfloc?

Cheers

Mike

I don't own one but from reading the description, they claim that when using the 0.65 micron filter, you can expect 100% of the yeast to be filtered out. If that is true, it sounds like you beer would be pretty clear.

I have one and used it on my first extract kits. It works well, but you do have to clean and maintain it. Good brewing practices, and finings when needed, will get beer just as clear.

Save the money and get something like a good CFC to help with cold break. If you really want a good filter system, go plates. I have thought about doing something like that rig, but in line so the beer gets hit with a large then small micron in session, but still its a lot of money per batch...

Its a good system, but if you have the parts laying around, go to home depot or lowes and rig your own.

Latest posts

Back