Homebrew Pics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

illin8

Reaction score
Here are the first two batches that I have done so far...both Austin Homebrew Supply extract kits.

AHS Promotional Amber - This one was a partial boil...first batch ever.
358406371_vwxeF-L.jpg

358406790_rTjyr-L.jpg

AHS Bavarian Hefeweizen - This one was a full boil, came out good but I can't say I'm a huge fan of the cloviness, think I like the American Hefe's better (IMO).
358406972_WsJ8k-L.jpg

358406182_PpV2W-L.jpg

They are both super tasty...it ain't hard at all to make some good beer, especially with an AHS kit.

Very Nice! I too didn't like the clove-y-ness of the bavarian hefe. You need to crank up your temps next time. I split the AHS Bavarian hefe into 2 fermenters and by a landslide of a vote people enjoyed the one fermented at 76 F.

Very Nice! I too didn't like the clove-y-ness of the bavarian hefe. You need to crank up your temps next time. I split the AHS Bavarian hefe into 2 fermenters and by a landslide of a vote people enjoyed the one fermented at 76 F.

76 sounds pretty warm:confused: I thought 68-72 was for a balanced clove/banana flavor, or were you going full banana?

76 sounds pretty warm:confused: I thought 68-72 was for a balanced clove/banana flavor, or were you going full banana?

Oh i was going full alright :ban:. It turned out good that bmc people prefered the banana flavor over the clove. It was just amazingly good.

Back