Tap-A-Draft question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fritz_monroe

Reaction score
Anyone here use the Tap A Draft system? I'm thinking of getting one, but want to get some opinions. I can't go with a keg system yet, but am getting tired of bottling.

I know there are other mini-keg systems out there. I'm also interested in opinions of those. The only one I'm familiar is the Party Pig. I don't like having to buy those packets to go in the pig.

Thanks.

i have a tap-a-draft. it is convenient with that you don't have to bottle or you can bottle half of a batch. also, you can use the 3L coke bottles. but i haven't been very happy with mine. after about half the bottle is gone, i get a ton of foam and use a lot of cartridges. i just got a kegging set up. i'll be selling my tap-a-draft after i finish my last 4L of beer.

I have had the lids leak on me a few times, I have one I dont even use it you can have it, just pay shipping

The experiences don't look too good with Tap-A-Draft.
I have a couple Party Pigs that I am just starting to use. I think they work pretty well. I don't like having to buy the packets but they are not much more than the CO2 cartridges required for Tap-A-Draft. The Pig works well though It pours fairly slow. The system appears to be robust but I don't have long term experience with it yet.
I kegging is the way to go but until then I am happy with the Party Pig and I will continue to use the two I have on future batches.
Craig

I hate when a company comes out with a propriatary product like the pressure pouch. I didn't buy a Sony digital camera because they insisted on creating their memory sticks instead of going with proven technology. If the Party Pig folks would have gone with a CO2 source available in other places, I wouldn't have an issue. I don't like rewarding a company for trying to screw it's customers. Just my opinion.

As for experiences with them, I was looking at another forum, and there were many that were extrememly happy with the Tap A Draft system. I've PMed Dark Ale to see if he was serious about letting his go. I'll give it a shot and see how it performs for me.

fritz_monroe said:
I hate when a company comes out with a propriatary product like the pressure pouch. I didn't buy a Sony digital camera because they insisted on creating their memory sticks instead of going with proven technology. If the Party Pig folks would have gone with a CO2 source available in other places, I wouldn't have an issue. I don't like rewarding a company for trying to screw it's customers. Just my opinion.

As for experiences with them, I was looking at another forum, and there were many that were extrememly happy with the Tap A Draft system. I've PMed Dark Ale to see if he was serious about letting his go. I'll give it a shot and see how it performs for me.
I understand your concerns and I have avoided Sony cameras for the same reason. However the pouches do actually work well without the requirement of an external CO2 supply. This makes the system easy to use and portable. The pouch does not provide CO2 like kegs and Tap-A-Draft just a serving pressure. However if you do want to use CO2 I have seen several users that have added a tail to the pig to allow CO2 to be injected. I think if I was planning on that route I would just get Tap-A-Draft.
This concept also looks pretty slick.
http://home.chattanooga.net/~cdp/3lkeg/3lkeg.htm
And another similar solution.
http://home.swbell.net/bufkin/cheap_3_liter_kegs.htm
Just saw these in a different thread.
Craig

Latest posts

Back