DOH! wait... WOOHOO!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Radarbrew

Reaction score
Alaska, Honey, there's a moose on the back porch a
I don't know where to post this, but I was looking for a quick brew project spending very little green and just came up with 2 gallons of apple juice, and some yeast. Apple juice was unfiltered and basically raw. I added a bit of corn sugar to boiled and cooled water, and added that. Checked the temp, and dumped some packet yeast I had in the brewing area. Airlocked the whole mess and let it sit for a while. It was bubbling in a couple days, but not much of a head was forming. Hmmm. Oh wait, that was WINE yeast. Damn. Well, I'll wait it out and see what happens. Transferred to another carboy tonight to help out the sediment problem (very cloudy), and had to have a taste. WOW! I had about 8 ounces in a glass, which I let SWMBO smell and taste. She said it was better than the last batch of beer I made. (I have to agree, it WAS pretty lousy...) I finished off the rest in the glass, (don't want to waste it) Well, the buzz is starting to wear off now, and I gotta say it was pretty good.
So, okay, maybe it's Annie Green Springs quality, but I had some great times back then, (wink, wink) so to help it out, I gotta get it clearer. How does that happen? What kind of addidtive does that? I'm not a vintner (but I DID stay at a Holiday Inn once). Any suggestions? And once again...WOOHOO!:tank:

Back