Need German Translation...Ed?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JnJ

Reaction score
I can't seem to find what Toepperwein translate to if at all. It is the name of a road we live off of and I think it'd make a neat brewery name but not if it means something stupid. :D Anyone able to translate it? Just hope it doesn't mean something like Wine is Super. :D

No such German word at Toepper or Töpper. It was most likely the name of a vintner, thus Töpperwein. If you want uberl cool, use the version with the umlauts.

That would be cool, how do I get different fonts styles using the umlauts? And thanks for looking into it for me.

On a regular keyboard, just hold the <alt> key down while pressing 148 on the numeric keypad. That will give you a &#246; in any font you are using.

EdWort said:
On a regular keyboard, just hold the <alt> key down while pressing 148 on the numeric keypad. That will give you a ö in any font you are using.
Very cool, thanks.

Here is the complete list:

ä ALT+132
ö ALT+148
ü ALT+129
ß ALT+225 <--ß of course can be substituted with "ss".
Ä ALT+142
Ö ALT+153
Ü ALT+154

There are keycodes for MS Word (and most other word prossesors) also, but I can only remember the capital letters.

CTRL+SHIFT+:+ letter.

My keyboard at the house I just click an icon and it will switch to a german keyboard, i just have to remember that its QWERTZ. You can do this by installing the german (french, chinese whatever) keyboard in windows.

Whiskey® said:
Here is the complete list:

ä ALT+132
ö ALT+148
ü ALT+129
ß ALT+225 <--ß of course can be substituted with "ss".
Ä ALT+142
Ö ALT+153
Ü ALT+154

There are keycodes for MS Word (and most other word prossesors) also, but I can only remember the capital letters.

CTRL+SHIFT+:+ letter.

My keyboard at the house I just click an icon and it will switch to a german keyboard, i just have to remember that its QWERTZ. You can do this by installing the german (french, chinese whatever) keyboard in windows.

Or use the character map in windows and copy-paste ...

Back