Stainless steel Mill rollers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abracadabra

Reaction score
I am planning on buying a mill. Probably a Crankandstein because I won't have to pay shipping & I like supporting local businesses when I can and it makes sense.

Here's my question: he offers Stainless steel rollers for an additional price approx. $100 I think. I plan on storing it in the barn or basement so I'm leaning toward the SS because I think the humidity would cause the other rollers to rust. And I don't want to be bothered with oiling the rollers then having to clean the oil off every time I use it.
Is it worth the extra expense?

Any advise or opinions would be welcomed

I just ordered one and I don't think ss rollers are worth the cost. Store the unit in a small rubbermaid container with a pack of silica gel. That should keep it good and dry.

Good suggestions Thank you

I had intented to mount it permanetly but after thinking about ya'lls suggestion I decided I could mount it to a base and use C clamps to hold it to the stand instead.

Thanks for the suggestions

Or you could just get a container of "damp rid"

105684_front200.jpg

It isn't a bad thing to keep around your grain anyway depending on how moist your environment is.

John

Back