Pics of my fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustangfreak

Reaction score
Friday afternoon
Fri%20afternoon.JPG

Friday Evening
Fri%20ev.JPG

Saturday
Sat.JPG

Sunday
Sun.JPG

Cool pics. I still use plastic buckets, so all I get to see is the bubbles in the airlock.

same here, thats pretty sweet to see it in action! within the next couple weeks im going to try and get my first glass 6.5 primary so i can join the club!

Mustangfreak said:
So does this mean my beer will be extra strong?

No. You'd have to adjust your recipe for that.

Boo Boo, you sure that's a 6.5? Looks exactly like all my 5 gal carboys, never seen a 6.5 with ribs on the outside. So do you adjust you recipe for 6.5 gal? I use a 6.5 for primary (usually 5.5 gal of beer) just so I don't need a blowoff hose. For that very reason, I would never want it that full.

They are sold in the UK as 23L / for 5g (UK) batches.
It's the only commonly available size sold here.

5 US gallons equals just over 4 UK gallons.

I brew 23l batches.

Klainmeister said:
What type of brew is it? I'd be a bit concerned about the flavor if it's not a full 5g's

Yes, yes. Something must be wrong with it. You must send it to me for proper disposal. :D

j/k

It'll be fine so long as you don't open it up over and over letting O2 in. Looks like you might need a bigger brew pot. Or just get control over your heating source so you can fill it all the way up. On my last brew I had it filled to within two inches of the top and managed to avoid boilovers by turning down the heat when adding hops and cranking it up real slow. Looking great, so what's next?

It'll be fine so long as you don't open it up over and over letting O2 in. Looks like you might need a bigger brew pot. Or just get control over your heating source so you can fill it all the way up. On my last brew I had it filled to within two inches of the top and managed to avoid boilovers by turning down the heat when adding hops and cranking it up real slow. Looking great, so what's next?

shafferpilot said:

I have a 24qt pot. This brew did take forever to boil, so I thought I lost a good amount of water, so I added a little more then the 5.14 total the directions said for. I bought 6 gallons of drinking water, and used about 5.75 of it all. Guess I shoud have used the remaining .25.

Up next is a Guiness knock off. It came in today :D

Back