Ace Honey Apple Cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damdaman

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to clone this? I've never tasted anything like it. It was delicious, bold and smooth, with much more honey flavor than I expected. I've made cysers before and never achieved anything close.

I've emailed the company and begged for help creating something similar, but thought I'd try here and see if anyone has done it already.

http://www.acecider.com/

I have made a cider honey mixture. But I don't thinl it was probably what you were/are looking for. I used granny smith apple juice (I cored and put the fruit from 3 lbs apples in a blender. I put it with the water in a pot anf steeped the juice out of it to result in 2.5 cups of juice.) After I had just the juice I had strained (and pressed from the pulp left,) I added a 1/4 cup of brown sugar, honey and chopped raisins (primarily for the yeast nutrient but it did raise the sugars some.) Then mixed all together and let it ferment out.

I assume you can use any preservative free apple juice and omit any part you wish. I was doing a cross between something Woodchuck with some mead flavors. When I did it with solely apples the alch volume was simply too low and it brewed far too dry using Lalvin ec-1118.

:cross:

Back