Lots of sugar before bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheMarkWhite

Reaction score
So I made a cider. Made a mistake and put a cinnamon and clove stick in while fermenting 1.5 weeks. It came out super bitter. Undesirable to me. I needed to add sugar to back sweeten. i mean lots of sugar. Cups.

Its now been 4 hours since j bottles.. I just opened one to test the CO2. Very very small hiss when opened and just a little bubbles. Could definitely carbonate more. My question is, how long do you think I should wait before pasteurizing to stop the yeast? I don't want bombs! Should I just check again and open another tomorrow morning?

You should bottle one in a plastic soda bottle. Then you can squeeze it. When it's hard you need to Pasteurize.

I'll keep timing in mind. It's been 16 hours since the initial cap. I opened one to pour in a plastic bottle. A little hiss, little carbonation but could definitely use more.

Back