Just taste tested my Lager

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pugilist

Reaction score
It has been in the secondary for about 6 days and has cleared an amazing amount. There is still some bits of sediment floating on top, but doesnt look bad.

The sample I drew went into the glass a very nice amber color and was completely clear, except for some very fine bubbles clinging to the sides. The taste was very good with a little bit of a hop bite after swallowing. It tasted quite strong too, but I imagine that will balance out during carbonation.

I can see how this is such an addictive hobby, I am ecstatic with the results so far with this batch! *crosses fingers*:drunk:

congrats Pugilist. I still remember my first bottle of my own home brew. it wasn't that good but it was certainly drinkable (and better than BMC to be sure) I was just amazed that it was beer. And it just gets better from there the more you learn and the more you start to customize the recipes to your tastes.

Ol' Grog said:
The biggest problem will be patience. You will drink some brew before it's time.

Indeed, remember that lagers take awhile as well.

My doppelbock is still lagering.. . tasted like crap 3 months ago, was drinkable 1 month ago, and might actually be good at the end of March. That said, its aweful hard to just watch it sit in the lagering fridge.

Congrats on the addiction!!:mug:

Latest posts

Back