source for 15 gal food grade liners?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssf

Reaction score
i recently purchased a couple 15 gallon containers that were advertised as "food grade." however, I cannot confirm the food-grade nature of the containers from any information on the containers themselves (that, and they smelled kinda funky/plasticky upon delivery). I fermented a couple batches in them without any off-flavors, but for future use I was hoping to line them with disposable food-grade liners for some peace of mind (their shape fits my fermentation fridge perfectly, so i would like to keep them in service).

I checked this thread as well as this one and although the existence of such 15 gal liners is mentioned, a specific source is not. the only source i could find online is here in canada, and these might work (but are costly), so i was hoping I was missing something obvious and someone knew of a fast and easy source for these. thanks!

so clear trash bags are the way to go? i've been hearing rumors of insecticide, etc.

Impossible to say either way. Since they aren't marketed for food contact they aren't tested for it either. And MSDS sheets on common products are proving elusive.

It's a downward spiral really. Even if it is marketed for food contact, is it marketed for extended contact with Acidic solutions? On and on.....

I have been using Reynold Turkey bags for 5 gallon batche and my tail hasn't gotten any longer.

If anything, maybe search for candy bags.

Your LHBS should have large containers used for bulk extract which also can be used for fermentors. I have two myself and they work great. I got mine free and it does not hurt to ask.

Back