My starter needs a blowoff tube...pic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Q2XL

Reaction score
I am working on building up a huge starter for the dopplebock that I am going to brew on Friday. This is the third step-up this week. Built up 2 starters of 2quarts each. This is the third and last one and as you can see I do not need my stirplate for this one.

DSC_9729.jpg

They're all chompin' at the bit to get at that Doppelbock!:rockin:

I need to try brewing my first Doppelbock soon...can you share the recipe? The Q2XL-erator?:D

I made a starter with wlp 400 wit yeast not too long ago and it made an incredible mess on my stir plate and the counter. I need a bigger flask

I'm brewing a 10 gal batch of dunkelweissen this weekend, so I have a 3 gallon carboy that looks like that, blowing out all over the place! I started with one vial earlier in the week.

They're all chompin' at the bit to get at that Doppelbock!:rockin:

I need to try brewing my first Doppelbock soon...can you share the recipe? The Q2XL-erator?:D

I am using Jamil's recipe from "Brewing Classic Styles"

You might have just given me the name for the dopplebock....... Xlcelerator Dopplebock

Back