Opened my first AG brew tonite

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_goodwrench

Reaction score
My first AG brew has been in bottles for about 9 days. I decided to open one tonite to check the progress ~ yes, I am ADHD and have a hard time waiting for things!

It is an american pale ale and I am pretty happy with it so far. Had a nice 'pfffffffffft' when I popped the top. It is nice and clear and a good color for the style. Most importantly, I am pleased with the taste. I have to say that I was a little nervous about the taste, this being my first AG and all.

I'm gonna finish this one and let the others rest in my cellar for another 2 or 3 weeks. Just had to post cause I'm pretty stoked!

:rockin:

I've been trying my first batch of AG over the last week to see how the flavour improves. It's a honey IPA, and I have to say it's definitely smoothed out going from 1 week in the bottle to two weeks; the hop flavour and aromas have come out a lot more as well. I used amber DME for priming and it did a great job with carbonation, it's just right. I can't wait to see how it is after 3 weeks!

Good going on your latest brews. To avoid waiting always brew every 2 weeks and that way you always keep the pipe full. You will always make great beer if you ferment at the proper temperatures and practice sanitary brewing procedures. Most ales are very good after 5 weeks from boil to glass.

I have a dry irish stout sitting in secondary as we speak (thats the one i really can't wait for). Unfortunately, I probabaly wont be able to brew this weekend. Saturday I coach my daughter's soccer team and then my BIL and I are heading to Florida to try and find his son. I may be able to squeeze an apfelwein in tho...

Latest posts

Back