Starting an Auto Brew system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chip82

Reaction score
Hello those with the experience,

I am looking to make an automated HERMS keggle system. I am looking for some advice to make sure I am not getting in over my head. I am pretty confident I can do all that is necessary to get it build. I have electrical experience, plumbing experience, and coding experience.

Here is my idea...I want a fully automated system. I want to be able to run it via a USB hook up to my tablet. I plan on having it pretty much where i press a button and it does whatever tasks I need, i.e. sparge at whatever temp i need, boil for how long i desire, clean. Can it be done?

I have been doing some research and I have a few questions as well. What kind of automated propane burners have you guys used? What pumps? What was the hardest parts of getting your put together? There will be more and I am hoping to post a pic of my overall design when I have it finalized.

It can be done for sure. It might not be cheap, but it can be done. Are you looking to use solenoids to control the liquid flow as well?

I'm in the planing phases of doing the same except it'll be an electric setup. I'll be interfacing with BlueTooth instead of USB, less of a PITA to implement in my opinion.

The client is used as the interface to the setup. The server actually does all the work. The client sends commands to the server, like "start brewing", "what's the temperature in the mash tun", etc.. Server executes the command and responds with success/status/data to the client. The client will have a "purdy" look =)

e-Brewery.jpg

@lunchbox i don't plan on controlling liquid flow someday. That will be towards the end of the modifications if i do it.

Back