Wiring assist for temperature controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GLWIII

Reaction score
Howdy all, I am planning to build a fermentation chamber soon. Someone gave me a DigitalDoc5 PC temp controller and I'm hoping it is suitable for use. A picture of the unit, as well as the power/wiring info is attached below. The fan I have fits perfectly.

For the power I don't have the male connect part and was hoping to use a spare 12V power supply that I have laying around from a cell phone charger or something like that and just hardwire that in to.

And therein lies the problem. I'm electrical illiterate in this stuff. Can someone tell me whether this requires a specific kind of 12V connection? Or, can a run of the mill 12VDC plug be used and just spliced in? If it requires a specific power unit can someone lead me in the right direction as to what I need.

Hope I gave enough information. Thanks in advance for the help.

Screen Shot 2012-07-22 at 4.28.57 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2012-07-22 at 4.29.28 PM.png

What are you going to use it for? Temperature de-stratisfication of the chamber? Or is it your intention to use it as a compressor/temperature controller?

Simply to maintain temps. I'm going to build a son of fermentation chiller. No compressors

Back