In need of help to make a wells banana bread clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirk_digler

Reaction score
I tried this beer the other day, and the wife totally loved it. I am looking for an all grain clone, any help would be much appreciated! it seems thats the english malts give the bread character, so no ned for spices I am just not sure what base style the beer is, and I know they use fresh bananas. just trying to find a base reciped , and find out if i put the bananas in the mash or the secondary or both.
:ban:

I've had this once and was really disappointed. The banana tasted really fake to me - I find it hard to believe they use real bananas (or at least, I don't think they use much). I'd say treat it like a lot of brewers treat their pumpkin - a little bit in the mash so you can say it's there, but the spices make the beer. Maybe 4 bananas in the mash?

From what I remember, I think the base beer would be something like a Sam Adams with an ale yeast - not really a brown ale, but not too light either. Lots of crystal, like 10-15% split between some light and dark colors. Maris Otter malt and maybe 10% Munich for some breadiness.

Give it a try! I see a lot of bold people on these forums propose bananas as an ingredient in their beer but more often than not, the beer never gets made.

There are a couple recipes on the forum for some banana wine. You may want to consult those threads.

I just opened one of these with high hopes. I would try it again but I am glad I only bought a single bottle. :)

Back