Transferring Carbed Beer From a Damaged Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jputn72

Reaction score
I've got a and interesting question for anyone with experience. I have a friend who owns a bar that has a key tag that is damaged so you cannot dispense the beer from it. This is the typeof disposable keg that is a big plastic ball, with the carbonated beer inside the ball, inside a bladder. I have a spare corny keg that he can borrow as well as a Blichman Beer Gun and appropriate tubing, etc.

Since the keg is damaged there's no way to hook up a tap to dispense the beer. My thoughts are to cut it open and then either pour it into a corny keg or probably better yet use a siphon. Wondering if it would be better to use the 10 foot small diameter line that's included with the beer gun? Or just use a standard racking cane and tube? Any thoughts?

He's planning on using the keg for an event. So once it's transferred over it could probably be kicked the same day.

The small diameter hose is just small to provide some resistance. If you push beer with co2 and no resistance, it just foams. If you are just going to siphon it, a regular siphon is fine and will be much faster.

Latest posts

Back