Solids in my kegged Cream Soda

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom_c

Reaction score
So since my doctor says I can't drink as much beer as I used to due to some meds he put me on, I've started kegging soda for me and the kiddo. I made a 2.5 gallon batch of Gnome Extract Cream Soda and put it in my 5 gallon keg to carb, no yeast added. It carbed up nicely, but it seems I have some sort of sediment in the soda, as almost every first pour, after it settles, has junk in the bottom, that looks almost like little tiny globs of clear jello. Doesn't seem to affect the taste, although I'm not drinking them.

Only weird thing that has happened is that the keg froze once or twice due to a faulty temp controller.

Keg was sanitized before adding soda.

Any ideas?

I think you answered your own question. When liquids freeze, many times they separate out, and can never be remixed the same. I have a feeling that you are seeing some potassium sorbate separate out.

Latest posts

Back