So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have five recipes lined up. I hope to start w/ a Cottage House Saison Sunday. Then, a Chocolate Stout (dry) Tuesday, an English Pale Ale Wednesday. Taking a break then Redheaded Rye Child Amber Friday & a Hop Stoopid clone next Sunday.
That should fill my ferm chamber for a while!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Did an oatmeal stout last Sunday gonna do a Brewers best Red Ale later today.
Can't have an empty primary.:smack: Thats gotta be a brewing sin.

Too much evaporative loss on a windy afternoon lead me to a super high OG. Thanks to a huge starter my porter took an hour to start making bubbles in the airlock. I'm betting on a mess today.

Three gallon batch, split three ways with S-33, BRY-97, and Nottingham. Going to ferment at 64, see which one makes a better IPA.

20140316_213321-picsay[1].jpg

Fifteen litres of blonde ale,hopped at about five IBUs and fermented with Windsor. The back two got bug/brett mixes at pitching and the front one will get Petrus Brett in a few days.

Sent from my GT-I8552B using Home Brew mobile app

1395040443223.jpg

Well, it's strictly not the weekend any more, but it is still my weekend. Brewed Saturday (Ballast Point Sculpin IPA) and today I'm doing a Mirror Pond Ale clone (first), may try to do a double brew day...hmm, what should be next?

Bottling a wine kit on Saturday night to make room for the BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde Ale I plan to do on Sunday night.

Successfully followed through. Wine is all bottled up and the Centennial Blonde is in fermentation chamber.

Mashed BIAB style and boiled in two pots on my electric stovetop. I started gathering gear around 6:00PM and finished putting everything away just before 2:00AM. Everything went smoothly but I got to admit my brain sort of shut down once the beer was finished and sitting in the chest freezer ferm chamber. Clean up took way longer than it should have.

Lucky for me Paddy's Day is a provincial government and school stat holiday in Newfoundland. I didn't have to get up this morning until the youngsters drove me out of bed looking for breakfast (around 8:00 AM).

I plan on bottling the ESB in my LBK and refilling it with an American Brown Ale. I'll also bottle some cider that's in a 1-gallon jug, and I plan on trying a 15-minute blond recipe in that one.

Well, it's strictly not the weekend any more, but it is still my weekend. Brewed Saturday (Ballast Point Sculpin IPA) and today I'm doing a Mirror Pond Ale clone (first), may try to do a double brew day...hmm, what should be next?

Follow up post: Did two batches today, Mirror Pond Ale clone and Blue Moon(ish) clone.

SWMBO's doing a ladies' night on Saturday, so I'm doing a rare evening brewday instead of my usual early morning brews. Doing what is probably the 6th or 7th incarnation of an IPA recipe that I've been tinkering with for a long time.

Saturday morning double-batch is being pre-empted by wedding prep ("But honey, I'm brewing this beer for the wedding!"). New plan is consecutive evening brews in the next couple nights. Grains are already milled - motorized Monster Mills and Crankensteins and what have you are surely awesome, but I love sitting down with my Corona and cranking it all out by hand.

but I love sitting down with my Corona and cranking it all out by hand.

Ur sick. :D
You should find a support group for that. I LOVE my rechargble drill chucked up to the mill and GO. I'd frikken arduino the dang thing if that was even possible and someone else programmed it and then just sent me all the part for free to test it out. LOL.

I'm going to attempt to clone Midnight Sun's Cohoho. It's a test run for my Christmas beer this year. Most of it will be going to a festival that requires the beer to include a tree ingredient. In this case, juniper berries.

This weekend I'll be bottling my AB Clone and Spruce Brown, and rebrewing my Mild, Ordinary Bitter, and ESB. That'll be it until June-ish since we're moving in April.

Citra IPA in Sunday! Starter is just off the plate, will cool to pitching temp on Saturday, decant and throw in a half pint of canned starter before I light the burner, and pitch as high kreusen is starting!

1395353202806.jpg

It's been nearly 2 months since I had last brewed, so way overdue. It'll be a double-header this weekend. I have Friday off and will be doing a SMaSH BIAB. Bohemian Pilsner, Hallertau Mittelfruh and US-05 for a nice German blonde ale. I need some good lawnmower beer for the upcoming season. I will be using my keggle for the first time and a Wilserbrewer bag and pulley.

Saturday I will have a friend over to initiate him in his very first brew, a hefe. I'm doing a "brewing co-op" until he gets his own equipment. Another person to get sucked into the vortex!

It's been nearly 2 months since I had last brewed, so way overdue.

I hear you. It's been 4 for me. Too much time at work and too darn cold even in the garage. But I'll be breaking the drought this weekend with a Rye IPA.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I just got my false bottom tun in the mail today. Looking forward to using it. But work has be booked for Saturday and I have class on Sunday. When's a guy to brew!?

Hoping to finish early Sat or brew instead of cooking Sunday. Looking at either a California Ale or Hobgoblin Clone. Looking at the grist they seem to be very similar grain wise, different hops and yeast. Almost begs for me to make both in the same day and parti gyle a third. Problem is that would end up taking up the whole day and I don't have one of those available. Perhaps put that busy day on the back burner and make a quick something else in the little time I do have.

Brewed a Hefewiesen on Sat. Will be adding orange peel on Wed. Should be bottled on 28th. :rockin:

I just brewed my first witbier last night, second brew overall. I see you are letting it ferment for 2 weeks (13days), and then going straight to bottling. From what I have been able to read up on wheat beers here, most ppl skip racking and go straight to the bottling. Is this the common route for wheat beers? How long do you plan to condition in the bottle and around what temp?

Sorry for all the questions, I have some family coming over from England in April and I hope to have a nice wheat beer to show off :)

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Very few of us move our beer if we don't have to. It's usually not necessary and could cause problems so we leave it (~10 days or longer) and go straight to bottles or kegs. Wheat beer isn't getting special treatment, we do the same with most styles.

Welcome to the forum!

My keg of Yooper's Pale was kicked in 1 weekend LOL.....so brewing a Black IPA this weekend, and following it up with Pliny the Elder clone next weekend....gotta get the kegs filled again!!

My new false bottom tun should be delivered today. I picked up 10 gallons of purified water from Walmart (don't judge me) and I am hoping to finally brew the SMaSH Pale Ale I've been planning for a month.

Got plenty of beer here, but I've been itchin' to brew just the same.
Thinking a two batch day would be good, a blonde and another batch of the all-home-grown-hops house IPA sounds right.

In fact I'm gonna go get things set up right now...

Cheers! :mug:

Went old school today and brewed an English style IPA with a combination of 2-row & Golden Promise as the base malt(s), EKG, and S-04. I now have four batches in primaries at the same time, this after not brewing for about six months. Thinking about another batch tomorrow (Saturday) or Monday, as I still have a few carboys empty. Maybe some sort of Belgium ale?

Latest posts

Back