New guy from Cincy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer30Dave

Reaction score
Got a Cooper's for Christmas and found the site to be good info and help! Looking around at what others are doing has got me thinkin' this may be more than just a passing hobby for me! :mug:

This isn't a hobby; this is serious stuff!!!

Welcome. Another Cinci brewer here; I'm on the North side.

That is true! I told my wife I could really get into this! Just bottled my first batch and I am having empty fermenter syndrome! Miss checking on it. Will have to hit the home brew store this weekend for something new.

Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome to the obsession. Yet another Cinci brewer here (northeast of dwntwn Cincy).

Been homebrewing over 10 years now, started with extract kits, been all-grain brewing for the last 8+ years.

It might start as a hobby, but you'll be surprised how soon it becomes a bit more than just a hobby, (such as when you're pricing out a kegging system, or looking into all-grain brewing).

A suggestion (since you didn't ask :)): get at least 1-2 more fermenters, as I've found that fermenters are happiest in groups of 2 or more, and you can have more than 1 batch working at a time.

Also, ask lots of questions, this forum is a good group to learn from.

Bklmt2000

Back