I can't wait for election day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So not true these days. They are starting to infiltrate my cell phone as well.

Yep. I don't have a landline. But I get TONS of calls to my cell with recordings. It's maddening because I don't have a way to block it. Some even go to voice mail, so I have to play my voice mail back to sort through real calls vs those robocalls.

the more 'battle ground' the state, the more likely you will get ... harassed?... When I lived in NY, hardly anything. Here in VA, I could build a house from all the mailing they send me.... or a least a decent brew shed.

I only get robo-calls from one number and it's something about refinancing a mortgage I don't have. I have been getting door to door campaigners looking for my landlord, so that's really annoying. Robo-calls or not, I'll still be glad when the election is over.

+1 for living in IL...it's not too often I get to say that

Ah the robo call....
Gotta hate it but the only ones I get here in MN are from organizations I've willingly joined.

Now door knockers, that's another story. I used to do that job for four years running different canvassess on different issues and elections. Interesting work, gives you an interesting insight into your town and the people that live in it. Also, I have tough skin from getting yelled at so often. Anyways, if I don't have the time and I don't agree with them I'll just be polite, offer them some water or a bathroom and ask them to leave. But if I got some time to kill and I don't agree with them it can be fun to mess with them and play devils advocate. I get a kick out of it, I learn something new from the way they think and it keeps them from getting to more doors that night. So, if I have the time it's win win!

Robo calls I don't mind. We still have a landline and it's nice to be able to give that number to people so the Cell numbers don't get harassed.

That said, I have sometimes just started swearing. Not necessarily at them (although one or two felt my wrath). My wife says I could get in trouble for it, but my stance is, I didn't invite them to call me. If it's not someone I do business with, they are a free target.

If it's not someone I do business with, they are a free target.

That's probably an accurate description. No one is going to go out of their way to try to get you in trouble when they have a job to do. Plus, if they are any good at what they do they are probably laughing at you with their buddies in the break room. Not that we try to get people to yell at us, but it can be amusing when someone can't control their temper because sometimes some pretty ridiculous things can come out of a blind rage.

Also, has anyone else gotten an ad about who won the debate directly underneath the first comment? Thought that was fittingly hilarious.

Back